Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) World Maritime Day Essay Competition Topic, Requirements, Awards and Prizes, Application Guidelines, Closing Date for all Tertiary Institutions for 2018/2019 Session.
The World Maritime Day is formally celebrated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and by Member States and other entities throughout the world.
The topic For the essay competition will be ‘IMO 70: Our Heritage – Better Shipping for a Better Future’, in Line with the theme For the current celebration of the World Maritime Day.
- Year 1 and 2 Students in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
- Participants must note that they are required to scan proof of being bona Fide students alongside their essays.
- Proof will include Letters of Admission & Identity Cards of the Institution.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Essays to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The topic for the essay competition should be the subject matter
- Essays should be a maximum of 1,200 words [+ or – 10%] double spaced in Ms word and font size 12
- No collaboration or joint work is allowed
- No plagiarism, in whole or part, will be acceptable
- Essays should end with the name, telephone number and email address of the participant
- Essays that do not Follow the guidelines will be disregarded
- Only successful participants wilt be contacted.
- No essay will be accepted outside the closing date the competition.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the NIMASA website.
- 2nd: N350,000 Education Grant plus a Laptop & a plaque
- 3rd: N250,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- Seven (7) Consolation Awards of: N100,000 Education Grant each
PRESENTATION OF AWARDS AND PRIZES
Winners will be notified by 15th March, 2019 and will be presented their prizes and awards thereafter.
Application runs from 12th February to 25th February, 2019.