DR. EMMANUEL IBE KACHIKWU, THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF STATE, PETROLEUM RESOURCES have refuted the publications made by premium times concerning obtaining first class honours in the faculty of Law University of Nigeria.
In a letter made available to Naija Politico he wrote;
Re: FACT-CHECK: Document shows Kachikwu lied about graduating with First Class in Law
My attention has been drawn to a publication on an online medium Premium Times with a title “FACT-CHECK: Document shows Kachikwu lied about graduating with First Class in Law”. In the publication the writer alleged that l, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu misrepresented information about obtaining a First Class Degree from the prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka, citing a presentation done at Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) Abuja.
I would like to categorically state the following facts;
1. That my official CV and resume is in the public domain and has been submitted to various levels of Government and Parastatals. Also the document clearly states that Dr. Kachikwu obtained a “Second Class Honours (Upper Division) degree” from the Faculty of Law in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where I
graduated as best student in 1978. In addition, no First Class Honours were awarded by UNN that year.
However, I was on the list for best graduands with Second Class Upper Honours for that year. At no time
have I misled the Nigerian public or my colleagues in believing otherwise.
2. On the presentation I made at the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) cited by Premium Times, the substance of the assertions was to the effect that I had a first class performance in school and was emphasizing on the need for hard work amongst youths to get them to the top of their game.
3. To give credence to the statements made during that presentation, I was the best graduating student in the Nigerian Law School in the year 1979 (the first in class) with multiple prizes (winning 5 out of all 7 prizes given). In 1979, the Nigerian Law School had not begun a process of classifying its certificates. That begun many years later. However best graduands have subsequently now been classified in the First Class
category by the Law School.
My results in Harvard University, which is captured in my CV correctly states that I was a Distinction graduate for the Master’s degree programme (First in Class) at Harvard University and I went on to obtain my SJD in a record time of one and a half years.
4. I have worked at the highest level of the Oil and Gas industry globally for over 3 decades and indeed lectured at respectable global institutions like University of Ife, Nigerian Law School and Harvard Law
5. Since my appointment three years ago, first as Group Managing Director (GMD) of Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), then as GMD/Honourable Minister of State, and now as Honourable Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, championed the change agenda in the Petroleum sector and changed the narrative on performance in the sector.
I have also taken the liberty to attach my CV that shows all my awards and accomplishments.
Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
This is to inform all prospective Corps members that the Management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has announced the date for the commencementREAD MORE
The management of the Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI), Ugwuomu-Nike Enugu, has released the amount payable as school fees by fresh and returning undergraduate/postgraduate students ofREAD MORE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the One-year Remedial/Pre-degree programmes of the Federal University Lafia for 2019/2020 academic session. The UniversityREAD MORE
This is to inform all the candidates that applied for admission into the Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, (ACEONDO) part-time NCE programme during the 2018/2019READ MORE
The management of the Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo (ACEONDO) has released the provisional admission list into its Part-Time Degree Studies programmes for the 2018/2019READ MORE
The need for staff and students to be properly dressed at all times within the campus cannot be over emphasized as indecent dressing reduces theREAD MORE
WAEC English language Obj And Essay/Theory and Test of orals Solution Questions and Answer – May/Jan 2019 Expo Runz. English language Obj And Essay/Theory and…
WAEC 2019 MATHEMATICS Obj & Essay Question & Answers Expo. We are here to offer you latest answers on WAEC 2019 MATHEMATICS Obj & Essay…
Aspirants Accuse FUOYE Of Admission Malpractice & Favoritism, Sends Letter containing concrete evidence to The Management. A particular aspirant of the Federal University Oye- Ekiti,…
The authorities of the Niger Delta University (NDU), Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State have released the academic calendar for the 2018/2019 academic session. NDU Academic Calendar…
If you are a 400L or 500L student and you have not confirmed your status on JAMB Matriculation List, you may not be mobilized for…