The president of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) during a press briefing yesterday while officially announcing the suspension of the strike, disclosed the list of the agreements reached with the Federal Government that led to the suspension of the over three (3) months srike action.
This was contained in a Memorandum of Action (MoA) signed by ASUU and the Federal Government on Thursday. Highlights of the Memorandum of Action include the following;
- In addition to the N20 billion for 2018, the sum of N25 billion only would be released in April/May 2019, after which government would resume full implementation of the MoU of 2013.
- Part-payment of the outstanding arrears of the earned academic allowances; defraying the balance up to 2018 in 4 tranches within 36 months; and mainstreaming further payments of EAA into the annual budgets beginning from 2019 budget.
- PICA verification and the release of the arrears of salary shortfall at the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi, not later than 15th February 2019.
- Strengthening the Consultative Committee on State-owned Universities (CCSOU), inaugurated on Monday, 28th January, 2019 to look into the issues of proliferation, underfunding and governance to consistently deliver on its mandate.
- Payment of the outstanding EAA arrears of all eligible staff in the University of Ilorin, especially the loyal ASUU members whose appointments were illegally terminated by today, 7th February, 2019.
- Acknowledgement and appreciation of Government for facilitating the release of the final letter of approval for the granting of operational license to NUPEMCO.
- Visitation to all Federal Universities would commence tentatively by 11th March, 2019.
- Provision of documented guidelines on procedures and roles of parties in the process of renegotiating FGN-ASUU Agreement of 2009 which would commence not later than 18th February 2019 and end by Friday 29th March 2019.
The ASUU president further stated that should Government fail to fulfill its part of the agreement as reflected in this 2019 Memorandum of Action, ASUU shall resume its suspended strike action as the Union deems necessary.
This is to inform all prospective Corps members that the Management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has announced the date for the commencementREAD MORE
The management of the Godfrey Okoye University (GOUNI), Ugwuomu-Nike Enugu, has released the amount payable as school fees by fresh and returning undergraduate/postgraduate students ofREAD MORE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the One-year Remedial/Pre-degree programmes of the Federal University Lafia for 2019/2020 academic session. The UniversityREAD MORE
This is to inform all the candidates that applied for admission into the Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, (ACEONDO) part-time NCE programme during the 2018/2019READ MORE
The management of the Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo (ACEONDO) has released the provisional admission list into its Part-Time Degree Studies programmes for the 2018/2019READ MORE
The need for staff and students to be properly dressed at all times within the campus cannot be over emphasized as indecent dressing reduces theREAD MORE
WAEC English language Obj And Essay/Theory and Test of orals Solution Questions and Answer – May/Jan 2019 Expo Runz. English language Obj And Essay/Theory and…
WAEC 2019 MATHEMATICS Obj & Essay Question & Answers Expo. We are here to offer you latest answers on WAEC 2019 MATHEMATICS Obj & Essay…
Aspirants Accuse FUOYE Of Admission Malpractice & Favoritism, Sends Letter containing concrete evidence to The Management. A particular aspirant of the Federal University Oye- Ekiti,…
The authorities of the Niger Delta University (NDU), Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State have released the academic calendar for the 2018/2019 academic session. NDU Academic Calendar…
If you are a 400L or 500L student and you have not confirmed your status on JAMB Matriculation List, you may not be mobilized for…