FCET Potiskum Job Vacancy & Recruitment for Post of a Librarian 2019/2020
Federal College of Education (Technical), Potiskum. (FCE Technical, Potiskum) Job Vacancy and Recruitment Advertisement for the Post of College Librarian in March 2019.
The Federal College of Education (Technical) Potiskum, Yobe State invites applications from suitably candidates for the vacant position of College Liberian.
- The College Librarian is a
Principal Officer in the College who is responsible to the Provost for
the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its
branches in the Schools and Departments, as well as in providing
services for the entire College community.
- Forming overall library policies, personal contacts and liaison with the departments
- Preparation of library Budgets
- Engaging in matters of common interest
- Responsible to the Provost for the day to day smooth running of the College Library
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of
Principal Librarian or equivalent in academic library and must possess
the following requirements:
- Membership of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional development course/council annual workshops.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) with at least eighteen(18) years cognate experience
- Relevant scholarly publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Candidates must have spent at least 5 years as Principal Librarian or its equivalent in academic library.
- Candidates should not be more than 59 years of age at the time of application.
appointment of the candidate is for a period of five (5) years in the
first instance, and may be eligible for reappointment for a second term
of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
Condition of Service
will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms
and conditions for staff of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) type-written copies of their Applications (including Curriculum Vitae and Credentials), giving the required information listed below:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality and State of Origin
- Local Government & Origin
- Permanent Postal Address
- Current Postal Address
- Mental Status
- Number and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- List of Academic journals and publications, where applicable
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capacities)
- Societal linkages
All Application should be forwarded to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P. M. B 1013, Potiskum,
Applications closes on 20th March, 2019.
Share this post below ??
Want To Promote Your Music, Videos, Mixtapes, Comedy video or for Sponsored Posts On DailySchoolGist? Click Here Or Talk To Us On Whatsapp +2349083881148
Want To Get Our Latest Updates As Soon as it drops? Join Our Group On Whatsapp,